Brian Collinson: Registered Psychotherapist in Oakville – Therapist & Counsellor Background
Brian first began providing counselling to people in situations of deep crisis and individual need in 1981. He has extensive experience in providing support, psychotherapy and Jungian therapy services to individuals in a very wide range of situations and circumstances.
Brian’s Qualifications & Experience
- Registered Psychotherapist, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Clinical Member, Ontario Society of Psychotherapists
- Senior Analyst, Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts (OAJA)
- Graduate of OAJA’s Analyst Training Program
- M. Div. degree emphasizing pastoral counselling
- Courses in Grief & Bereavement, Trauma, & Sexuality at the Adler School of Psychology
- Intensive Coursework at the Toronto Institute for Pastoral Training
- Intensive Coursework at the Canadian Association for Spiritual Care
- Clinical Internships & Practicum Training at Toronto Western Hospital & Homewood Health Centre
- Psychoanalytic Studies at the Centre for Training in Psychotherapy in Toronto
Counselling & Psychotherapy
Brian is a Clinical Member of the Ontario Society of Psychotherapists, a Member of the Ontario Association of Jungian Analysts (OAJA) and a graduate of OAJA’s Analyst Training Program (Dipl. Analyt. Psych.). He has varied graduate education in counselling and psychotherapy at the Master’s and post-Master’s levels, including well over 300 hours of clinical supervision, in both Jungian therapy and other modalities.
Brian holds two Masters’ degrees (University of Toronto; University of Western Ontario). He has done extensive additional academic and internship work in a variety of settings, including coursework in the Grief and Bereavement Program of the Adler School of Psychology, the Toronto Institute for Pastoral Training and Canadian Association for Spiritual Care and other additional coursework in both trauma and sexuality at the Adler School of Psychology. He also completed clinical internship and practicum training at the Toronto Western Hospital and at Homewood Health Centre, a mental health and addiction care facility in Guelph, Ontario.
He has also done additional post-masters training in a range of clinical and psychotherapy settings, including psychoanalytic studies and group work at the Centre for Training in Psychotherapy in Toronto.
In Halton Region, Brian has supervised therapeutic experience with a broad range of clients at Halton Family Services and North Halton Mental Health Clinic.
Experience in the Business Community
In addition to his training and experience in psychotherapy and Jungian therapy, Brian has varied experience in the business world in senior and responsible roles, including working in consulting, government relations and as a Barrister and Solicitor in the Province of Ontario (J.D. degree, Osgoode Hall Law School). He considers this experience in the broader work world to be a invaluable aid in providing appropriate Jungian therapy services in his practice area, as it brings empathy and in-depth understanding of the demands of the work and professional world in which many of his clients live and work. He genuinely empathizes with the stresses and pressures that form a regular part of the daily lives and work worlds of many business and professional people in our time.